The Ollie Swaddle
- Eases the transition from the womb.
- Decreases irritability while promoting self-soothing.
- Encourages calming to increase bonding.
- Enhances quality of sleep to improve rest and cycle regulation.
- Assists in reducing the Moro reflex or spontaneous arousal.
- Helps to maintain supine position.
- Preterm infants show improved neuromuscular development, less physiological distress, better motor organization, and more self-regulation abilities.
- Custom designed moisture-wicking fabric to reduce the risk of overheating.
- Velcro allows fit to be individualized to meet the need and size of baby.
- Diaper changes made accessible via opening at the bottom.
- One-size and promotes ease with transitional stages.
Read the story behind this amazing swaddle below.
My story begins when I became a single foster parent to a handsome little one named Oliver. This innocent child was disconnected, underweight and on the verge of being labeled “failure to thrive”.
Other foster parents struggled with keeping Oliver because he was difficult, struggling to eat and sleep. I, on the other hand, was in love, and so I began my journey with Oliver committed to seeing him flourish.
As a trained social worker, my experience in infant mental health had acquainted me with the timeless technique of swaddling. However, to both my and Oliver’s distress, the swaddles available on the market didn’t seem to help. They either didn’t hold him correctly, were not strong enough to apply a comforting pressure, or they left his legs unwrapped.
My mission to help Oliver ended up taking an unexpected turn as I started developing a swaddle that would meet all of Ollie’s needs. With the guidance of Ollie’s pediatric neuro-developmental psychologist, Dr. Kiti, what you all know and love as “The Ollie Swaddle” came in into being. Ollie’s swaddle moved with him through the night, keep a comforting pressure from his shoulders to his feet, and helped keep him cool.
From that day forward, I began to see dramatic changes. He began to sleep through the night, eating and gaining weight. Most importantly, he began to catch up with the developmental milestones which he had previously missed. Ollie was beginning to flourish!
Not only did Ollie continue to flourish, but in 2009 he was adopted by a loving family. It wasn’t too long after that Dr. Kiti and family members began to ask me what I was going to do this therapeutic neuro-developmental swaddle. I was so determined to help Oliver that I hadn’t even thought about other foster parents and parents who may have been in the same situation that I found myself.
And so, in 2013 I founded The Ollie World, home of The Ollie Swaddle, with a vision to see every baby flourish from conception to crawling. And so, I find myself on another journey. A journey to connect parents and practitioners to neuro-developmental resources, like The Ollie Swaddle.